Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bits

Randomized -
  • A local politician, speaking of the massive power outage in upstate NY (which I was spared, because I am just a skooootch outside the area), "We have legislation introduced to incentivize the insurance companies to encourage homeowners to have generators..." - man, I hate it when people make up words, but this is classic politicianspeak.
  • I played basketball with my son today.... for TWO HOURS... he is so cute, but pulled me aside to say "Mom, if a guy is bigger than you don't try to shoot the basketball over his hands. Pass it to a team member." So my eight year old is smarter than me.
  • I fell on my face, but only once. I actually made baskets. This is a nearly Olympian achievement, if you know me.
  • My tree didn't break, it pulled up out of the ground when it fell over. Damned if I don't want to just prop it back up and put lots of dirt over the roots. It wouldn't work, right? It's only fourty feet tall.... just logistical issues.
  • For dinner I made steak, baked potatoes, and caesar salad. My children ate almost nothing, except the accompanying bread. I give up. I am tired of saying, "EAT some of your dinner." Fine. Live on Oreo's. Mommy's tired.
  • I had a nice chianti, but no fava beans. Rocca delle Macie 2003. Lovely. -->
  • Mommy is tired because Mommy's neighbor called at 7:45 this morning to say "oh my god, there is a tree down in your yard!!" Said neighbor's husband was out walking their dog while I was taking the photos I blogged. Talk to each other, people, and don't wake me up so damn early!!
  • I like lists... have you ever noticed?

'night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jumping back a few days--re: bully girl & your daughter--girl aggression is much different than boys- I would recommend reading "odd Girl out" for you to have help /insights thoughts on advice to give on various situations. Also American Girl publishers has books that she can read on how to deal with girls like that....especially ones who are friends one day then she-bullies the next.
good luck, my girl has a few more years until that preteen stuff-fun fun.
mrs Shamus

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...