Wednesday, February 15, 2006

At last


...the Trifecta is over.

You know... Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Valentine's day. The three-pronged fork through the guts of many "singles".

It's not bad enough that there's nothing under the tree for you to shake, and no one to clink glasses with and smooch at 12, no, NO! You have to be REMINDED one last time, in the coldest, crappiest part of winter. No jewelry or overpriced roses for you. (Sue buys her own jewelry - GO SUE!!!)

Even though I'm NOT single, it still can be just a damn annoying day for me. (It's the anniversary of the very first episode of my heart going "boomboomboom" in overdrive. That's the only one of my reasons that I'm willing to share.)

I think the only one who likes it is Waiter.

Frankly, next year (assuming Lottery-winning happens before then) Sue and I are off to Vegas on... (looking at calendar)... February 9th. We'll stay a week, maybe two. Trip new brides while the groom isn't looking, and stuff. You know?

Anyone care to join us? Couples strictly not allowed.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...