Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A scanning I will go



I am always happy when I find an old picture like this. I love the clothes, and I love it when I know something about the people and what they were like.

The bride in this photo was the sweetest, most adorable lady you could ever know. She only passed away about a year ago, and the moment I saw this photo I knew it was her. It's interesting to me that I only knew her when she was much, much older, yet recognized her "young" photo instantly.

Trivia: see the man at the right ?(Larry, the best man...) In 1990, Mr. Carly and I went to Buffalo to see him and his wife, their son, & their grandaughter, who is my age. We had a car accident on the way to a BBQ that was being hosted by the son. In the confusion at the ER, medical staff somehow thought that I was Larry's wife(he was 60+ at the time), and Mr. Carly was married to Larry's granddaughter. Not exactly right. It didn't help that we all had exactly the same last name. I was just happy that EVERYONE's x-rays came out fine.

3 comments:

Beck said...

You sound like you would love genealogy!

Johnny Virgil said...

where was that photo taken? It looks like the same background as my grandmother and grandfather's wedding pic.

Anonymous said...

dude, I dig seeing pics where I don't know the people - look at the groom isolated from the others - he looks so depressed and lost - I mean, maybe he's just hungry, maybe he's in love with a man, who can say - but he jumps out of the photo with that inappropriate thousand yard stare.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...