Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hi

Yep. that's it. Just Hi.

*~*~*~*~


oh, all right.

I have a sinus infection. So it feels like someone took a baseball bat and whacked me in the face repeatedly. Big fun. In honor of the occasion I am abandoning the domestic duties I do actually perform on a consistent basis, in favor of sleeping, watching tv through one partially opened eye, etc. Laundry? I don't seeee any laundry.

This is a very small town. Word has gotten around that my doctor (whose office is two blocks from my house) was fired by the hospital that runs his satellite office.... he actually wanted (gasp!) to offer Saturday hours!! Oh, the horror.

I had to go there today, which I did not want to do on principle, but I had no other easy option. I need some antibiotics. The temporary doctor said "Dr. Z has resigned, and I'm filling in" and I sort of looked to the side and murmured "Uh huh" as I tried not to roll my eyes. She said "everyone keeps giving me that look". I said as nicely as I could "I realize you have to say that, but I heard a very different story." She basically admitted that I was right later on in the visit when she said "well, if you need anything, we'll be here until Dr. Z resurfaces." Ouch. I felt bad for her.

Sooo, I'm sick, and really tired, and it's suddenly cold again here (because the atmosphere suddenly remembered that it is February, and it is supposed to be 20 degrees out).

I work with one spectacular moron who outdid himself today, and that was exhausting. Kick me when I'm down, you bastard.

On a brighter note, Lost is actually new tonight. What, not a rerun from LAST SEASON? But I have a feeling it will be more of the same nothingness. The grammys, well, that could be fun I guess. I'm just not really up for style-watching. (Now you KNOW I'm not feeling well, Tay.)

If you're a "Grey's Anatomy" fan, or even if you aren't, watch the post-superbowl episode in its entirety on Thursday night at 9:30 pm on ABC. You really have to watch this show. Just don't watch the very first dream sequence too critically, because it's really not what this show is all about.

(By the way, I *will* watch the Office, of course, I'm just saying you should also tivo/ dvr the Grey's episode. It was excellent. )

Send me some love, peeps. I feel crummy.

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Oh ick. Antibiotics abound at my house, as Strep seems to be making the rounds. Mr. Man is going in tommorow, with lessions on the back of his throat (though they keep telling me about this "VIRUS, that EVERYONE has, and we are SOOOOOO busy". Ok, but his sister just had strep..make the damn appt. already.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

"Peeps?"
Why are you going all Miriah Carey on us??

Watch Surviror and The Office tonight, that will make you feel better. TV is my doctor.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. I heard about the opening sequence of Grey's Anatomy, and was so sad I missed it...HD-DVR is on deck to record that puppy

-E

katsmeow said...

Awww...feel better! I know how awful sinus infections are.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...