Thursday, February 09, 2006

And a spammy new year

Well I think it's safe to say that the filthy rat bastard who drove me away from AOL by selling my email address to every spammer alive is now working for Yahoo.

Since the beginning of the year I have been getting more than a dozen pieces of spam a day (up from, well, zero...honestly)

Ringtones? You want ringtones, I apparently have about 50 coming to me, along with several plasma tv's, X Box sets... all sorts of new career opportunities ("be a cop" is my favorite... um, no thanks, I'm afraid of bad people with guns...), and dating services. (I didn't know I was single. Hmmm.)

The worst part is, that Yahoo has this feature to filter out spam and drop any incoming mail that it suspects to be spam into a separate folder. I could ignore that folder and all of these tempting offers if I choose.

I can't do it. I am not physically able to look at the screen and see that I have mail sitting in that folder, and not scan every line to make SURE that it really is spam. Oh, I don't open them, I just read the subject line.

By the way, I inherited a lot of money from some dude in Nigeria. Awesome.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...