Thursday, February 16, 2006

Highlights?

Fun stuff today...
  • telling a client 3x, "you need a database which will blah blah blah" and have her reply "Oh no, we don't need a database" every time, to which I patiently replied "yes, actually you do, because blah blah blah". When my coworker was included in a conference call today, he said "we can build you a database that will blah blah blah." (saying exactly what I said) ...and the client replied "Oh, that would be great!"
  • having Sue call me to report the current events. TV coverage of a standoff, after someone messed up committing an armed robbery ... of a dollar store... it made me feel just a little less stupid... "I'm going to be a hundred-aire, dude!"
  • sitting in dentist's chair repeating "of course, I always floss" for the 80th time in my life. In the next room a hygenist is cheerfully asking another victim if they "floss MORE or LESS since your last visit?" Hell is certainly filled with little picks and scrapers.
  • explaining carefully to my daughter that "NO, you don't use an electric razor on your eyebrows, even though you do look like Brooke Shields" and knowing that someday she is going to do that anyway.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...