Sunday, February 26, 2006

Countdown

Quick name a tv "event" that you wait all year for. For some people, it's Superbowl Sunday.

For me, it's the Oscars. The film industry's big night. The gold dude. (Dude! My friend laughs at me whenever I say Dude so now I say it all the time because it's so stooopid. Dude!)

It's not about the MOVIES. Movies? I haven't seen most (any?) of the movies.

It's about the clothes. What I wouldn't give to be right there, on my very own little chunk of tapis rouge. I care more about what Reese will wear this time, than whether she gets a little trophy.

One week from now I will be READY, my friends, to watch the pre-shows and the arrivals. My daughter will be right by my side. We'll buy the People magazine and hide it from each other for days as we re-hash who looked Best and Worst.

Don't even get me started about the Worst outfits. Those are even more fun than seeing 1,000 crazy Italians doing the Y-M-C-A. (What the hell??)

Some people see a robin, and they celebrate that as a first sign of spring. Me, I see a Calvin Klein or Vera Wang, and I know warmer dayas are FINALLY coming.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

My TV event is "The Equalizer Returns" reunion show. It's due sometime in the next few years. Or at least, I hope so.

(PS Don't tell me you don't remember The Equalizer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088513/)

(and yes, I know that's not an annual show, but it's what popped into my head)

Display Name said...

Oh the glee that is another dernier cri fashionista!!! Do y'all dress up for it too? I do. This year is about black, sheer and sequence. Seriously. We need a club. Is there a club? We need a club.

Beck said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It IS about the clothes. I can't wait!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...