Monday, January 30, 2006

I know you love my random thoughts

Ok, this has to be a joke. Seriously? This would SO be something I'd do, but it wasn't me. I swear.

I just bought Natasha Bedingfield's new cd and it is full of good songs. The problem is, on some tracks the song goes on just a little toooo long. If you've heard "Unwritten," you know just what I mean. It goes on and on. Great lyrics, but she seems to work each song to the point where there's a keychange and a big swell of instruments and.... enough already. It's verging on a Manilow production. I would have liked one or two songs played as just a straight piano ballad all the way through, because I think she's got an interesting voice.



I believe you have my stapler


Don't you hate it when you try to staple something, then the stapler just won't staple, so you think that maybe it's empty? Then you open the stapler, and there ARE staples in it, and most of them fall out, but you put them back in, and close the stapler, and three try to come out all at once, and they mangle what you were trying to staple, and you poke yourself with one trying to pick the extras out? That's never happened to me.

Speaking of office supplies, office space.... raise your hand if "the Office" made you want to cry last week. (The part at the end where he's listening to her voicemails...) The rest, as funny as ever. Gross, but as funny as ever.


PS: Congratulations to my dear friend M., who got engaged!! I'd quote part of what he said about it in his email, but I hate to do that without asking. It was really sweet though. Another one bites the dust! (Just kidding!) I am so happy for you both.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I missed most of The Office but caught the end and pieced it together.

One of the presenters at the conference last week was doing a slide show with his speech, and used a picture of Steve Corel when he mentioned "busy managers" and everybody cracked up. Us nerds love the show.

Sarah said...

Note to self: wear shoes without laces to a fancy museum.

P.S. The Office - YES! I absolutely LOVED the ending with all the voicemails. I thought it was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...