Saturday, January 21, 2006

Artist's corner


This is the latest by my son. He's improved a little since the pirates*, huh?

For Christmas I bought him a book on how to draw cartoons of animals. Since he has nowhere near the amount of homework his sister does, and likes to draw, I thought it would be a good way to keep him busy when I'm trying to help her with math.

It's actually a gift for his teacher, which is why it says "Hi Mrs. V" on the edge --part of that cut off when I scanned it-- it is NOT a shout out to Johnny.


(Now, it pained me to link to Johnny's version, for a few reasons.

1. It's Johnny, who already has a gazillion more hits per day than I ever will, and here I am sending people over to see him.

2. He was drunk when he wrote his version of the storyline, and totally mocking my baby.

3. Filebin ate my copies of the pictures a long time ago, so
my post with the real story in it has the dreaded squares with red X's. )

And, let me tell you, the "search this blog" function does not work. Beta= betta try again.

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Nice job little man... way to be an artist!

Johnny Virgil said...

Number one, I was not drunk. I just had a single G&T, wine girl.

Number two, thanks for the link. Besides, it's not a contest you know. :) Lowest common denominator and all that. Howard Stern is huge, is all I'm sayin.

Number three, I would be slightly worried if I were Mrs. V and your child drew me a picture of a giant, man-eating shark that looked like it wanted to bite me in half and presented it as a "gift." Especially since the shark is mentioning me by name.

Johnny Virgil said...

ps - forgot to mention that it's a damn fine drawing.

Johnny Virgil said...

pps - Also don't forget that I asked permission before said mocking.

Carly said...

true JV, all true...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...