Sunday, January 01, 2006

Come to Holiday Inn

So, I searched and found Holiday Inn for sale on Amazon, and bought it as an Xmas gift for Mr. Carly. Before it had even arrived on my doorstep, I saw it for sale (for less if you count shipping) in Target. This crap always happens to me. So yes, I spent more than your average sentimental fool on it.

Seriously, if you like old movies, this one is awesome. Bing AND Fred Astaire. Shut up and buy it.

Before we dropped it in the dvd player tonight we went outside for 5 minutes. Someone got married at our church the other night(Friday) and had handed out sparklers to everyone attending the church service. When the bride walked out of the church doors on the arm of her groom everyone waved burning sparklers at her. That's either horribly tacky, or very wistful - sigh-worthy, depending on how much wine you've had. I've had wine tonight.

At any rate, a packet was left behind and fell into our hands. They were incredibly hard to light(I *AM* a clutz, yes, but I had a box of nice wooden matches) and when I finally got Dan's going, he just about crapped in his dinosaur pajamas (donned after a coming in to a warm bath, from a fierce afternoon of sledding face first down our neighbor's backyard hill).

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

StrangerDanger said...

my favorite is White Christmas...seriously, saw it at Proctors recently.

StrangerDanger said...

recently, as in 3 years ago

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...