Friday, January 27, 2006

Rock Me Amadeus

So.

A mere 250 years ago, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart popped out into the world.

When I read that this morning, I immediately thought "Nothing I will EVER do in my life will be of any interest to ANYONE 250 years from now. " But, at least I'm not a notorious serial killer (yet).

Yeah, I'm a ball of sunshine first thing in the morning.

My son... he's another story. He manages to wake up cheerful damn near every day.

I suppose that's because he doesn't drink soda all day long and then try to rachet down by sipping wine in front of the tv. Hmm.

At any rate, he outdid himself this morning. There is a doorway from our kitchen to our living room. He stood in the doorway, and said "Hey, Mom" until I lifted up my eyes from the newspaper article about Mozie.

His right hand reached to the nearby lamp, which has one of those 3 way bulbs. He clicked it once, and did a little smile and a slight "Tadah" with his left hand.

Click again. Brighter light, bigger smile, more tadah.

By the third click, which added a little bit of a spring to the full flourish tadah and beaming smile, I was laughing out loud.

He's so freakin cute.

(One time my sister heard him singing in the bathroom. He was on the can, singing God Bless America. She peeked in and he had his hand on his heart like he was saying the pledge of allegiance. I'm telling you, it's never dull with him around.)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...