Thursday, January 19, 2006

Give Mimi a break


So, Mariah apparently has been (gasp!) eating. (Wine and bonbons in front of the TV, like me? ...haha) Well, I wouldn't wear THIS bathing suit, in part because I have 10,000 stretchmarks courtesy of my offspring... but can't everybody stop with the "Mariah is getting so fat" snark??

Don't we have enough teenage girls starving themselves into skeletal, brittle- haired waifs in this country? Can't people just say "eh, Mariah has curves, but amazing pipes".... and let it go? The woman's got a vocal range of five octaves or something like that. I guess she's a failure because she doesn't still look like the airbrushed set of legs on her CD cover. (Wait, wasn't that the number one selling CD last year? )



One of the greatest annoyances I had when my company merged with another several years ago was the culture in the other company. It was all about LOOKS and not substance. A document could be utter crap but "What font is it in?" would be asked at some point. (Yes, someone in our corporate HQ made a font and named it after our company and we were required to use it....)

Look past the package.

4 comments:

StrangerDanger said...

She looks good to me, but what do i know

Johnny Virgil said...

It was never really her looks that bothered me. It was more her attitude.

:P fuzzbox said...

I do not understand the current anorexia as beauty philosophy. I think Mariah is looking damned good these days.

Carly said...

I think she looks beautiful. I just think she'd look a little nicer in a suit a bathing suit a size or two larger. It would fit better and that is what counts... not the number on the tag.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...