Friday, March 23, 2007

On (my) mark

I signed up for my race today. (June 2...)

I almost bagged the whole thing the other day - my friend called and I casually said "Sooo, how fast do you run on the treadmill?" And it's at least 2.5 mph MORE than my speed. Psych! So I fretted to someone who convinced me to run anyway, at my speed(thanks!!)

This afternoon since it was actually SPRING outside so I took the kids out to a park and I ran* for a couple of minutes, then walked, repeat. Holy crap - it's WAY harder to run when you are actually propelling yourself and not just waltzing over a moving treadmill...good times.


*ok, sort of staggered... :-)

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I'll be cheering you on from over here... good luck!!!

Alisa said...

I trained for marathons with 2 of my gal pals and we all ran at different speeds. We always started off together, but when we hit our stride we would just go our own speed and then meet up at the end.

The nice thing about these big races... you're always going to be running next to someone!

Johnny Virgil said...

Carly -- that's why you're supposed to raise the elevation on your treadmill to between 2-5 degrees.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...