Friday, March 16, 2007

Snowed in = dines now

Since it's snowing like crazy I made dinner (we were supposed to all be out somewhere tonight so I made up a plan b...)

I took some lettuce, half of a loaf of crusty italian bread chopped into cubes, small tomatoes, some chopped basil, tiny pearls of fresh mozzarella, and a little bit of white onion. I mixed it all together, then drizzled 1/3 cup of "evoo" (olive oil) mixed with 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar over it. Yummy.

I cooked up the rest of the onions, made some beeeeef, and we at it all with the other half of the loaf of bread. There may have been red wine. I'm not telling.

Wish you were there, Internets. If only because my kids at a few bites of their salad and then made those wrinkly faces....

3 comments:

emmay said...

you ate meat on a friday in lent and they let you sing at church?

Carly said...

Here's my upcoming singing schedule... so because of this sacrifice of my time I eat meat any time I want. ;-)


3/18 2-4 pm rehearsal for Cantada in neighboring community that invites our church to sing iwth them. It's a 50 pg book of music.

3/22 regular weekly rehearsal - 2 hrs

3/25 2 - 4 pm actual Cantada performance

3/29 regular weekly rehearsal - 2 hrs (we've been doing these since labor day, between studying for christmas and easter - we do take the summer off.)

3/31 dress rehearsal for tenebrae - probably 2 hours, more if we still don't know a part of any of the songs, which happens sometimes because we have so much material to cover

4/1 palm sunday - Tenebrae - we sing as usual at sunday mass, then we sing a 2 hour special service at night with various readings and candlelight and stuff. It's very cool, but requires many hours of rehearsal.

4/4 regular weekly rehearsal - 2 hrs

4/5 holy thursday - sing at evening service

4/6 good friday- sing at evening service

4/7 easter vigil- sing at evening service which is again about 2 hours

4/8 easter morning - sing at sunday mass - if I am lucky, I will make it to the end of this mass before my voice gives out completely and I am unable to even speak.

4/9 sleep in, until about 10 am.

onescrappychick said...

you deserve meat on Fridays. sheesh! I actually had chicken soup for lunch yesterday at school (wasn't feeling so hot the past few days).. and forgot all about it. I'll see you in the hot place. (winks)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...