Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mom Quiz

(Well, I ain't no Pop, so this is a Mom Quiz.... )

This afternoon I told Thing One to get in the shower so that I could do some laundry asap afterwards, since I have a "meeting" tonight. *

Thing One was still ambling around a few minutes later so I repeated my request.

"I don't have any underwear."

The correct parental response in this case is


a) "How can I do the laundry if you don't finish your shower like I asked?"
b) "Why didn't you tell me when you took the LAST CLEAN PAIR OUT?"
c) Watch this and pretend not to hear the child speaking (thanks for lending them to me, Amelia!!)
d) B, then A, then make a batch of these and marvel at the goodness that is The Doughboy... that peculiar stumpy little guy sure makes good stuff.

No matter what you select as your answer, you must immediately tell yourself you have failed as a mother. It's part of the test.

*the meeting is the officer's planning meeting for an organization that I belong to. We shall have beer and something served with french fries and discuss other members of the organization. No, we're going to discuss important business. Heh.

5 comments:

Sgt said...

Since its a "Mom" quiz, I won't answer, but know that I go through the same thing. More often, its socks or school uniforms. Apparently I'm suppose to run inventory each night to know the current levels for each child.

shoes said...

i'm trying to sell off my children. buy the girl and we throw the baby in free. it doesnt help that the baby acts like a two foot tall gary busey.

Sgt said...

I think you need to specify that your selling the children to put a down payment on a car.

Carly said...

We don't sell children here.

Husbands, yes. Kids, no.

Johnny Virgil said...

good luck with that.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...