Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bits and Pieces

Let it Go -
Tim McGraw's new album is (finally!) out. It' s not a huge deal for me but Child1 knew exactly when it would be out and has been asking me for days to download it. It's guaranteed to make TM fans happy, in my opinion. Try to get past Last Dollar (does anyone need to hear his girls sing? It just doesn't work for me.) and if you don't want to buy the whole album sample these:

  • Put your lovin' on me- There’s nothing here to catch me now, I’m gonna fall anyway, It’s just that kinda day,You might not know me good but you know me good enough,To make me okay, okay
    Just close your eyes and put your lovin’ on me, Put your lovin’ on me, Take this weight off me, And put your lovin’ on me.
    He does this style of song well; it reminds me of his "Let me love you".

  • I need you - I wanna get lost in some corner booth, in a cantina in Mexico, I wanna dance to the static of an AM radio, I wanna wrap the moon around us, lay beside you skin on skin, Make love til the sun comes up, til the sun goes down again, 'Cause I need you

    (that one was a duet he did with Faith, on their Soul 2 Soul II tour which totally was HIS concert tour, with her as an opener, but don't tell her that, because I hear she's REALLY a diva and won't come out until most of the seats are filled). Wherever we are, it doesn't matter, as long as you're there with me.

  • Between the River and Me - a good story, in a Garth Brooks "Papa loved Mama" style

  • Kristofferson is also at least a three on the ipod system of stars... ("I found that note you left today, it only took you half a page... I'm gonna grab my old guitar, take a pencil from the jar, and in the empty space, I'm gonna tell you how I feel, straight up genuine and real, open a bottle of 90 proof, and write a song for you, like Kristofferson would do...")

Give it Up -
Child1 regaled me with a story she heard about Paris Hilton, and in a dead-on hilarious PH imitation she said "I'm really NOT dumb, I just pretend to be. I'd like to be a teacher someday." I swear I laughed for 10 minutes straight.

Does it Matter?
My 20th year college reunion. Cocktails and class dinner Saturday night on campus, $50 per ticket. That's the only event I *MIGHT* go to. I'm just not feeling it. For one thing, it's the weekend of the 5K I am working toward, so the Friday night "hello" happy hour is definitely OUT OF THE QUESTION. I don't even know if the people I hung around with will be in town, because honestly I don't really talk to them anymore, and I'm not spending another $100 to sleep over in a dorm. Unimpressed, really.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I say stay home and spend the $100 on something better... I don't do reunions.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I've never attended a reunion. I see my college friends every year (we get together for a weekend) and there's nobody from high school I would want to see.

Forward, not backward. That's my motto.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...