Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stellar

My achievements at work this week include:

  • Moving code changes to production for two databases, making my clients delighted
  • Securing estimates and funding for various upcoming projects, keeping my team busy
  • Dumping a 20 oz styrofoam cup full of hot tea directly onto my phone, avoiding my laptop, which we all know is far more expensive. Watching tea gush down the cubicle wall to the power strip below(flinging napkins at same to dry it without getting fried), and NOT electrocuting myself while unplugging my dripping, leaking phone... but hey, the next day it worked again!!!)
  • Making a "he's got a screw loose" statement with accompanying gesture just as our new manager came around the corner (I meant someone else... I swear!!!)

and the crowning achievement:

  • Cut and paste the LOST recap from MSNBC into a new email, typing a few sarcastic comments to add my own insight throughout the recap... and sending it to my boss. ... instead of the intended recipient, a friend...and not even realizing my error.

Luckily my current-soon-to-be-former manager has a huge sense of humor and DIDN'T do anything other than walk into my cube and say "Uh, did you mean to send ME that recap?"

:::::thud:::::

She just came by in person to enjoy the rosy glow on my face. Looks like all of that butt kissing I do has COMPLETELY paid off. Always brownnose, kids.

For the record, I am going to work from home tomorrow and not send any emails or instant messages. I will consume no beverages unless I am standing in my kitchen next to the sink. Or I'll stand IN the sink.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I've had someone send me a sametime once by mistake. It was about me, (luckily nice things) but the sender was pretty embarrased when I responded with "did you mean to send this to me??"

shoes said...

wow, you've had a full week. you should top it off by getting drunk at lunch and quitting. go out big...set your cubicle on fire while screaming "attica" over and over. thats how i'm going out

Sgt said...

Funny how when your thinking about someone you'll address the email (or sametime) to them in mistake.

P.S.
I meant you were an ass in the nicest sense of the word Shamus.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...