Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Some Restrictions May Apply

On my way to work today I was tailgated by a dude in a bright cherry red Hummer. Eff you, baby. I was doing 67 so I felt NO obligation whatsoever to move out of his way. SO in adjusting my radio I ended up slowing down to about 63... still more than he deserved. Paper covers rock, Jeep blocks Hummer.

He kept thinking about going around me, edging right then snapping back left, and it was clear he wanted me to Just Move. And that's exactly why I didn't want to. The beautiful thing was when I merged right because my exit was coming up, I accidentally truly blocked him in for about a mile. He was livid, but there were crawlers in front of both of us and on my right so I really had no where to go. Pooor baby.

Why do men spaz out when someone is "in their way" ? Hey, I'm on my way to work too, putz, and this is the lane I need to be in right now; I'm sorry you think it's yours. If you get past me, then you have to get past the person in front of me, then the next person... why do all that work? Go with the flow and listen to your radio. This isn't a damn Indy car race.

Why does tailgating make some people move, and make other people dig in their heels and not give up 'their' spot in a line of traffic?

I blew him a kiss, but I don't think he appreciated it. Fool.

8 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I did that to a chick in a Miata and she was screaming at me when she finally went by.

Chill, dude.

Sgt said...

See.. I'd run you all over. Well, maybe not Carly, 'cause she blows kisses.

If you don't have a reason to be in the lane, I don't care if you're going 100MPH, if its slower than me, get out of the way. If you're passing someone, or there is a left exit (gotta love NY), or someone is in front of you then I back off or go around.

It actually drives my wife crazy, but I feel its my duty to remind people that "Slower Traffic Keep Right"

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! sgt AMEN!!

Carly said...

So wrong!

The official limit is 55. As I mentioned, I was doing 67, which was consistent with everyone else around me except Hummer, who thought he was Special, and all lanes were pretty busy.

I do have a reason to be in that lane. It's called "going to work". Everyone ahead of me was doing about the same speed.

Get over yourself. You have no right to expect me to move because you want to go faster than me. Because if your argument is "I should be able to go as fast as I want", well, I should be able to go as fast as I want to also.

So if I am in front of you, suck it.

Carly said...

Anon, I hate cowards.

D-HOR said...

You blew him a kiss?

*big ole goofy grin*

I always want to do stuff like that but chicken out.

onescrappychick said...

My dh used to throw stale munchkins at people like that when they were behind him. Unfortunatly for him.. I don't let him keep food in the car.

Sgt said...

Wow.. I can almost picture Carly holding up a finger and doing that head roll thing.

Like I said, if there are people in front of you, then I don't bother anyone. It's those people that are just joy riding in the left lane with no one in front of them and no one to the right and a line of traffic (or just me).

Sure, its not my lane, but its not my door either, and when lady chatsalot sits is yapping on her cell phone blocking it, I get pissed then too.

My name's SgtRedline, and I'm a rageaholic

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...