Monday, March 05, 2007

Hi

It's not you... it's me. Of course I still love you, my blog readers (all 5 of you)....

While I wasn't looking someone turbocharged my clocks and now they are running too fast. It is just NOT possible for me to get everything done. I give up! And don't even get me started on "Daylight Savings Time" moving this year. We had 18 months to prepare for Y2K and now we're trying to pull this out of our ass in only a few weeks. By "we" I mean the entire banking industry in this country. Go to an ATM Saturday, kiddies. No, really.

Thankfully, basketball season is o-v-e-r. (Who's the best mommy? Not me. I was sitting right there and did not see him make a basket yesterday. WTF? I believe it was because I was lamenting the fact that it was a scrimmage only - the other team hadn't shown up- and I just wanted to go home and rest my weary head. On a related note, at a fundraiser the other night I may have had some wine. Perhaps. )

Also in the silent auction at the fundraiser I "won" cough cough paid for cough cough a gift certificate to Lake George Kayak Co. So this summer my adventure will be to try kayaking with my brother in law - yes, the same one I dragged parasailing. It's only a one day rental, I'm not made of money ya know. (Until after tomorrow's megamillions drawing, that is. Then I am going to hightail it to one of 3 places: Tahiti, with Suzy; the Oregon coast, if I can drag my entire extended family, or #3 which I'm not giving away here... because I have no idea where that would be. )

The silent auction had five minutes left, and some wealthy old bitch came along, looked at my bid (the ONLY bid on the page) and upped it. Are you kidding me? My friend Dave just laughed at the look on my face. Yes, I upped it again to win. But I apparently seemed as if I was ready to smack the diamonds right off her.

That's about all I have. Well, except for one thing - I wore a new sweater to work today, and someone indirectly told me that it made my chest look huge. So, I need to go back and buy one in every color, or slap that person in the face. Decisions, decisions.

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I vote for more colors. (g)

Alisa said...

I 2nd that vote. And when the new color sweaters elicits another indirect comment about your chest, then you can slap them. :) j/k. well maybe.

D-HOR said...

Fatasize about slapping big mouth around while buying new sweaters.

Sgt said...

How do you indirectly say "that sweater makes your chest look huge"?

Seems sort of a direct type statement.

Weary Hag said...

Go buy two more, but not one in every color. Spring is almost here and you'll be boxing up your sweaters for the season.
You can use that money (that you would have spent on several other colors) for some skimpy little summer thang instead.

I hope your world slows down a bit for you.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...