Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cowboy, take me away

I'm in a sucky mood. So I'll type this, but you all don't have to read it. Really, go here instead:
http://wymanmeinzer.com/ for pretty pictures of places I wish I was. (Like here.)

1. My job fills me with the type of sinking dismay that brings words like "Lowest Ranking Chambermaid on the Titanic" to mind. My boss pulled me aside for a "no, really, what's wrong?" chat that I really did not want to have today. Mostly because asking me that makes me cry and I hate. crying. in. front. of. my. boss. I am not 12. I am almost 42.* WTF???? What's wrong is we have too much work to do and it's not well prioritized, and I have a nutjob on my team. No, not ME...

2. It's
that time of year again. Shamrocks make me sad, just for a day or so, every year.

3. I have neither buttermilk NOR those seeds one adds to Irish Soda Bread when one makes it once a year. And my effing corned beef keeps boiling over, on my flattop stove that I am kind of fond of. Which is now all nasty brown, and I'll be scraping it later with a razor blade.

4. I am gaining, not losing weight. Yay, treadmill. And don't try to stoke me with "it's muscle weight". It's pizza, wine, and crackers and dip weight. It's a little scary to me that one of my first questions to John was "what can I eat the morning of the race?" (well, after "do real runners wear socks, wtf, mine keep bunching up under my toes and driving me crazy")

5. Typing lists does nothing to solve my problems. So then I get mad at myself for having a bad day. It's all really productive. I did take an online "what kind of job is right for you" test that shows I am in completely the wrong field. I apparently would be better in a career that involves art or food service. So I am going to start a buisiness publishing redesigned restaurant menus. I should be able to make about $50 bucks a month doing that.


*(Yes Amelia, not for six months, I know; and I hope you feel better soon.)

7 comments:

onescrappychick said...

hmm.. wonder why it used that display? LOL

onescrappychick said...

Anyhow... this is what I posted:

Come over here... I'm so ugly about work right now I can't even blog about it... I feel your frustrations and I hold you in my prayers over the next few days also. It has to get better soon, right?!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Soda bread is yet another sad example of Irish culinary treats. The irony being there are no Irish culinary treats, except for Guiness.

I never noticed the sock bunching thing. Do you wear the ankle cut ones?

Sgt said...

1. Always drop the nutballs off the team. Nothing worse than a weak link.

2. :-(

3. I don't know if you have one of those ceramic top stoves like we do (ours is the exact same one in scrappy chick's recent photo) but the "special" cleaning stuff you can buy takes all the hard work out of cleaning it. A few dollars well spent. That, or after the stove cools, saturate a towel and lay it on the mess for about 15 minutes. That should loosen it up nice.

4. They do make socks for runners. They are generally thinner and go below your ankle. The really hardcore runners don't won't wear socks. I'd hate to be around those sneakers.

5. Oh, please, please please do take that job. There is nothing worse than a poorly formatted menu. How hard is it, either format by course.. or format by food type. Oh.. and TGI Friday... Fish is not vegetarian! Dumb arses.

@Shamus: Are you telling me Lucky Charms cereal isn't a culinary treat?

onescrappychick said...

Yup.. we have some of that cool cleaning stuff.. and a nifty little yellow tool that holds a razor blade and maybe a red one too.. that works with it. Think I found all three of those things at the Home Depot. We've had our stove for 2 or 3 years now and it works great every time.

Don and Sher said...

Thank God for the flat top stove. I am not a bad cook but every once in awhile I boil something over and with the old electric stove it would be a real mess. Now clean up is a sanp and keeps the wifey off my case.

Sassy Blondie said...

Take it easy...you're gonna be all right. Give yourself some bad days where it seems the only thing that is important is the junk food and bad tv. No worries...call Merry Maids to deal with that stove. You deserve it and those ladies can get stink out of sh*t!

PS-My sad month is February for the very reason you do not like March and additionally because I lost my fiance' to a heart attack a year ago 2/28. I say we just skip spring altogether and get on with summertime!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...