Monday, March 26, 2007

What's in that bag?

Suzy got a quick visit today from our parents. She called me immediately afterward, laughing. My mother has this habit of clutching her purse very closely to her, no matter where she is. Suzy had to practically p-r-y it from her fingertips to get her to put it down on the coffee table. She really doesn't like to leave it in another room.

Suzy swears she has a gold bar in there. Any other ideas? Mind you, we've never actually looked in it.

(On another note, my mother in law once was helping my brother in law move. She put her purse in a cupboard because she was afraid the people who were coming to move the actual furniture might steal it. But then she forgot where she put it. So, we have issues in this family with purses.)

As for me, I hate to carry a purse. There's something in me that rebels. I will stick my phone in one pocket, the tiniest wallet possible in another. (Okay, it's a change purse, but it holds $20 and my debit card. Whatever.) Then of course I am somewhere and I need something that is in my purse. Happens all the time. I have big ones, little ones. They're all very nice, but I just don't like to carry a purse around. I think I'm missing a chromosome or something.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I've always hated a purse. Hated, hated hated them. Had kids, still didn't carry one. I would use the smallest most tiny bag ever. A few years ago I found a black leather back-pack type purse (not too big)and I will never carry anything else. I don't know what I'll do when it finally (if ever) falls apart. Big enough to fit my wallet and my cell phone and a small mag light and a few pens, my sunglass case and a few other random things, and not so big that I can't stand it. I love being able to sling it back there when I'm shopping and not worry about it sliding off my shoulder or any of those annoying things. I hate big bags. Unless you want to discuss my knitting bag.. and well.. let us just say it's large.

Anonymous said...

Remember the time Grandma left her teeth in Aunt Helena's purse during party by mistake? haha...I guess our family does have some purse issues. Still wondering what's in there....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...