Monday, April 23, 2007

Rants

1. Here's a great article...

Chaplains honored

"When I looked, the only thing that was showing was the keel," said Eardley, a private who had reached the safety of a raft. "And there were the four chaplains on top of the keel, arm in arm with each other."

This article moved me. What a beautiful image - four clergymen of different faiths not afraid to face their maker together, giving their lives so the younger men on the ship could be rescued.

Then I started thinking... why don't we hear more stories like this from the current day? I'm sure they're out there (heroes, in our various battlefields). No, we have to put some punk all over the evening news in a wildly transparent bid for ratings. Eff you, Peacock.

2. The heimlich is hard to do. (I found this out yesterday. I tried. Sticky cake + heimlich = not good. Luckily it all worked out ok, because a nurse was nearby. Go learn first aid. Right now. )

3. Bosses shouldn't set lunchtime meetings. It's basically thwapping the employees upside the head and saying "I have the power to screw around with your lunch break, so don't test me."

4. We skipped spring, and now it's going to go back from 90* down to the 50's. I'll take 75 and holding, please.

5. I have a cavity. I never, ever have cavities. Thi$ i$ going to co$t me more than I care to think about.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

1. Loved the story
2. The heimlick is not only hard, it's scary. Esp. when it's your own kid.
3. We have our meetings first thing in the morning... everyone files in early and we have exactly one hour to hash it all out. Ugly way to start a day I tell you
4. Amen, except make mine a nice 80 with a breeze
5. I have 2 words for you. Root Canal. Get your cavatiy fixed, quick!

D-HOR said...

Also loved the story, thankyou for that.
Our boss always makes us stay AFTER work hours for meetings. I kinda think that sux even more.

Oh man I was bitching about the same weather thing yesterday. Seriously can't we PLLLEEEEESE just stay at 73-75 for like 2 months? Come on we don't even get a WEEK???? Strait to 85? It just snowed!!! I know complainng about the weather is useless but it makes me feel better. And it gives us all something in common to talk about.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...