Thursday, April 12, 2007

Treasure

I am still knee deep in spring cleaning. We're not talking about The List. (Aim high, at least you get somewhere...) I actually said to child 2 yesterday "Don't wave my list at me! I know we didn't do what it SAYS yesterday!"

At any rate, my kitchen and family room look awesome. (Yesterday I discovered the true joy of having children...making them do chores. They are the best dust & window wash team ever. I am not going to let them move out. Oh, and they spontaneously vacuum too. They did NOT get that gene from me.)

This morning I was cleaning out some drawers in my bedroom. I found a card, from my great aunt, Helena. (*)

It was a very simple birthday card, quite small by today's standards, but just seeing her handwriting brought tears to my eyes.

So I will repeat again - never underestimate the power of your handwriting. A short note to someone you care about may be saved for much longer than you think.

Did you ever get a card in the mail and know just who it was from, without even seeing a return address? That's what I'm talking about.

I tell this to the Moms at the NICU when I scrapbook with them. They don't want to write in their books "because my handwriting is messy" but I tell them that it is THEIR handwriting and that child will love it some day. (So I twist their arms until they agree to write in their books - :::snicker::: )

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

When you finish want to send them my way? I've done the porch so far... LOL. Hard to get in the mood when the weather says winter outside.

Glaziersgirl said...

Ah yes, a clean house. It is a wonderful thing. Our housekeeper came today and I can now see my bathroom mirror!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...