Thursday, April 19, 2007

So we can learn how to climb

Two points if you know the song referenced in today's title. One additional for artist. No cheating, you only get the points if you actually know without Google's help. Points are redeemable for... nothing.

Today was gorgeous. 60+ degrees, because we've had snow and clouds and rain in the past week. It all makes perfect sense. About as much sense as me going to a nearby park and running up hills. Which is what I did.

By "running up hills" I mean "run up a 45* incline for approximately 20 yards and then, wheezing, continue to plod forward at a drastically reduced speed." Rinse, repeat.

This is "fun".

The Freihofer's race course is VERY hilly, which is one reason I started working on this now. I have about six weeks until the race. The other is that it was so nice to sit on a park bench and feel the sun on my face today. Run. I mean run outdoors, and feel the sun on my face today. Uh huh. My beet red face. It's fabulous.


PS: Lost sucks and the Office is a repeat. Dammit! My chips came and there is nothing good on until Grey's which better be pretty damn chipworthy. We are rationing these bad boys out as long as possible.

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Wasn't it lovely? We took some kids at school out for a walk this afternoon, and I relished the sun on my face. I didn't get my own walks in, because of a PTO function that kept me at school until 8pm... but we walked my loop and it was soooo nice.

Good for you for running that race.. and I'm happy you saw "your face" in the mirror. Rock on!

D-HOR said...

Country song, something about God gave us mountains so we can...... and now that part of the song is stuck in my head. Thank you oh so much.

Really.

Not really.

Oh man good for you !! To actually go out in public, in real daylight is WAAAAY diferent than running at home or even at the gym.

Sorry but I was kind of glad to read that your face was beet red cuz that means I'm not the only one who runs around like that. After the first 3/4 mile I'm on full red status for the rest of my run.
- Which I'm sure is magnified by the gleam of sweat covering my face.

Anybody ever think about the fact that we have to look our worst (excercising i.e. sweaty funky) to get to looking our best?

God and his sense of humor. Really.

Sgt said...

Wow.. from denying the tredmill to running hills. I feel like a sloth now!

Excellent. Keep up the good work, and ughhh.. run an extra hill for me would ya ;-)

Glaziersgirl said...

Wish I had your energy, best of luck with the race. I will be sitting her on the couch thinking of you and wishing I had more get up and go! By the way, you have to let me know how the Rosemary and Olive Oil chips are. I thought they were an urban legend.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...