Saturday, December 29, 2007

De-funk-ifying

I'm in a crappy mood. Well, I've worked my way up to semi-crappy, with tea and homemade raisin bread. Various reasons for the mood, all of them things I don't want to get into here.

So, today the better eating/ less drinking wine starts again. Enough is enough! No more big piles of cookies, and I'm going to get on the treadmill today at 1:30. (Assuming my garage floor really IS dried out from our recent flood which I won't talk/weep about further, but I will check that floor carefully firszzzzzt.)

Only 154 days until the next Freihofer run. Twenty two weeks. So if I walk for a week, then add 1/7 of a mile of running each week on the days I run, I can do this right? I'm sure that's not a proper training plan but it's kind of funny, isn't it?

We are watching the football game tonight, since we don't have any other plans, and we'll probably have some family over to just to hang out. This will motivate me to clean a few things up (and clean out the fridge, which is scary since everything is completely crammed into it to defend against the mice)

Speaking of mice... we killed four... the traps have been undisturbed for 3 nights. Cross your fingers for me. BLAH.

I need to get back to my cleanup projects. Didn't get very far yet. Still have a few days before the madness of school starts again.

I'm also figuring out some sort of "grid" for the game tonight (like a football pool) that won't involve money but will involve prizes the kids might like (ex: who picks the entertainment we all watch/listen to on the way down to NYC, and back)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

(((chocolate hugs)))

oh wait.. you were doing better eating..

well.. I'll think of you later when I have my beer (I've done good on my "drink more beer" resolution this year)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...