Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The party's over

My living room looks like a bomb went off. I haven't quite cleaned up the mess from gifts that we brought home from Brother In Law's. I was slightly disappointed there; it turned into "let's just get these gifts open" and I don't think people got to enjoy the reactions of recipients. So much time shopping and planning and wrapping... whooosh. Over.

Not a lot of surprises for me this Christmas... except for the mice. Four and counting. Everything possible is in tupperware. Dammit, dammit, dammit. In almost 20 years living in this house we have never had them consistently coming up from the crawlspace through to the area under the kitchen sink. Ugh. The worst was the one who got HALF of his little head caught in the trap... the visible eye was bulging and I was SO happy that I was the one who got to pick THAT up. Merry Christmas to me. So much for my faint hope that it was A MOUSE that we had to deal with. It's apparently an entire fucking Rockettes line of mice.

I spent the day barely getting anything done. It shot by... my vacation is over and I don't have anything exciting planned until ... spring. There is laundry to be done and programming to catch up on and a host of PTA-type headaches waiting for my attention.

Bah humbug.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

((hugs))

That was how it was at my MIL's this year.. we had to leave by a certain time, and because she wasn't ready when we got there... it pushed everything back and when it came time for gifts, I was trying to watch my kids open their gifts, and she was all... "here, this is for you, open it!" and I missed out on seeing what they got from who and if they liked it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...