Monday, December 17, 2007

Four dozen socks

...three of his sister's shirts, two Halloween costumes, and one athletic cup in an overcrowded kid's dresser....

yeah...my attempt at a 12 days of christmas spoof sucks but that's what I got for MY gift today. I couldn't take it anymore, I pulled everything out of his dresser and sorted it. He was jamming stuff into it everyday... andI'm tired of seeing him come home from school and put on shorts.


So... Christmas in a week. Ready?? I'm going through my list of "things" - cards, gifts, cookies, what is everyone wearing... I think I'm in good shape.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Are you sure our kids aren't related? This is a convo we had at Target a few weeks ago:

C: Mom, I need socks.
Me: I just bought you socks not that long ago (he is in Men's clothes sizes now.. ugh!)
C: I only have 4 pairs!
Me: How is that possible?!?!

So, I buy a pack of socks. 10 to a bag or whatever. This is a Saturday (I do laundry Wed and Sun).. so the next day I'm doing laundry he has like 8 pairs that I pull out of his pile of whites he sorted... on top of the few pairs he fished out of "the wrong spot" in his dresser

(sigh) At least now he won't run out, EVER!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...