Saturday, December 01, 2007

If I only had a time machine


This picture is my favorite thing in the world today. Going from left to right, I think #4 & 5 are my great grandparents. (My dad's mom's parents, to be specific). #8 is Helen, my other great grandmother on my dad's side. My father's dad's mom..... are you confused yet?
#9 is my dad's mother, and #10 at the far right is her husband, who is Helen's son. I think the others are Helen's other sons, but I'm not sure who the heck #2 is. Probably a wife; I have to compare to other photos but I'm sure it's not my great aunt.
When I was little, we lived in NYC with #9 & 10. He used to say to me, "Don't ever get married." and then he'd wink at me and I'd laugh. Hmmm.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

what a wicked cool picture... I often think of how cool it would be to live back then.. but I bet they had their own share of troubles

Carly said...

I am working on a photo book. many more pics like this... tonight I really miss my grandparents.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...