Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stamping

No, not stamping my feet. Check out Tim Holtz and his "12 tags of Christmas" entries.

This could get expensive for me. I don't know if I'm into the whole ephemera idea, mainly because being a mom I have SO many photos to keep up with. But... Distress ink, distress embossing powder (when cooled, some of it flakes off ) . Hmmm. I need to go to Michael's. (The voices on my shoulders are saying "No, it's Christmas time" and "But what about presents for ME?")

I do have a few inkpads (Colorbox, rainbow, and a couple of petal pads). I just ordered the KOTM (SOLD OUT! It's only the 5th of the month. Wives are yelling at husbands today. Mark my words. ) as soon as I saw it because I was up until almost 1 am that night working on the photo book for my dad, and I just loved it and wanted it. (Gimme, gimme. )Anyway I realized that I have a TON of acrylic paint (See, MURAL...) and acrylic paint is apparently OK to use in scrapbooks with foam stamps of that type. Why didn't someone tell me this???

3 comments:

Sassy Blondie said...

I'd love to see how your mural has progressed, Carly! Or did I miss it somewhere?

Carly said...

the most recent was here

http://goingon40.blogspot.com/2007/11/mural-update_24.html

been a while... too much ho ho hoe-ing to do

onescrappychick said...

Making Memories makes special paint.. that contains less water than the regular craft paint.. therefore reducing the amount of wrinkling/buckling from wet paint etc. (just in case you need something else to buy). I didn't get the stamps... thought about it.. but they are too big for me.

And I heart Tim. :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...