Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thump

My day more or less started with a thump. As in, I was sitting at a red light (for at least 10 seconds, long enough to put in my NYS mandated hands free device and dial my phone and say hey to a friend) and this crazy chick literally pulled up behind me and bumped right into my car. Because she didn't SEE me there, or something. I was on the phone with my friend and I literally swore and said "Someone just hit me" and hung up... way to freak out your pals. (Sorry!)

I pulled forward a tiny bit, got out and looked at the bumper and she rolled her window down and said "Sorry" in a "please, I know I'm stupid, don't shoot me or anything" sort of voice, so I let it go. Mind you, this was before we got ANY snow.

I was checking the timecard system today to see how much sick/ vacation time I have left. I have 0.10 hours remaining designated as "sick time." Yes, that is six minutes. Thank you. Just about enough time to go to the bathroom, puke, and GET RIGHT BACK TO WORK. I do have four days of vacation, so all is not lost.

The snow started right around the time that I left work. I left because Suzy is sick. She's got bronchitis and some other goo-type stuff going on. I called to check on her and she mentioned she was out of kleenex and blowing her nose on toilet paper, and THAT JUST WILL NOT DO. Not for my baby sister. (I don't care if she IS 35.) Besides if you keep doing that, you run out of TP and that is NOT good.

Off I went to the store. I called her back just to make sure she didn't need any random embarrasing items (I rattled off a few specific ones) and then went on over, to find her wearing a surgical mask so she wouldn't get me sick. Cute. For Christmas, I gave her a shiny new humidfier to call her very own. She has been coughing so much her ribs are basically reduced to shrapnel, so maybe this will help.

Oh, and the snow. We got our asses kicked today. I have at least 8" of snow here. Blah. People don't know things like "brake OR turn, don't try to do both, dipshit..." so they annoy me. I was behind a tractor trailer from California, and I bet HE was even more pissed off than I was.

Good times.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...