Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A crumby thing

I am sad.

"Why are you sad, Carly?" you ask. Well, allright, you didn't exactly ask, but you're still reading, so...

This afternoon a bakery near my home burned down. This bakery is known to be nasty, ie, I have heard a few too many stories about cockroaches. I do not GO to said bakery to purchase food.

The ::::cough:::: grease ::::cough:::: bakery fire was apparently quite large and has somehow knocked out my cable. Something about specific telephone poles and burning and so on. The funny part is that we can see the digital channel guide, but we tune to a channel and there's nothing there.

Nothing!

I. Have. No. Cable. TV. Channels. Pass me a paper bag, please.

I need to watch Amazing Race. Daughter needs to watch Idol.

We are sad.

Oh, I know, we could play a charming board game together. We could play cards. I could read my darling babies a story. Pffft.

I want my MTV.

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Want to hear a funny story?

Last Monday night we had a helluva thunderstorm.. lightning, pouring rain, the whole shebang. Knocked out the cable. I sulked cuz 24 was on and I couldn't watch it. It came back finally Tuesday night. All but our local station.Yesterday the boy called ( I miss my local news dammit) and it turns out the cable company building was hit by lightning. (snort)

Steve said...

No one told you? The cockroaches needed a new home so they invaded your cable box.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I saw that on the news - that was a big fire. Did it smell like baking bread outside? That would have been weird.

Carly said...

more like burned toast, shamus

;-)

apparently some fiberoptic cable melted or something and that's why my cable tv died, then a while later my internet connection died...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...