Thursday, March 23, 2006

Happy Thursday

This morning I walked into my son's room and he was holding an "air microphone" and was singing along to something on the radio. He was completely embarrassed, until I pointed out that I do that in the car, where people can laugh and point at me. And honk their horns.

Lost sucked last night. Very slow, very boring. You can skip an episode or two and still know pretty much exactly what's going on. It's like a third rate soap opera, with less sex. (I mean, Sun and Other Guy were in this gorgeous hotel room and they're practicing English? :::eyeroll:::) I'm done.

Unintentionally funny line of the day - my father telling me that at least his colonoscopy is behind him. I swear to you. There were more details about that offered up, despite me saying "TMI! TMI!" and blacking out in self defense. Here is an Actual Conversation About Sudoku:
"I've figured out the secret, if you add all of the numbers in a column it MUST total 45"
"Well, Dad, that's because you have to use each number from 1-9, only once"
"No, they have to add up to 45."

At this point I began googling Tahiti. (Only Suzy will understand that, but HI to all of her friends who are now visiting me!! Please donate to our escape, er, vacation fund.)

Could someone read this and tell me if it's useful? It's so long my eyes crossed just scrolling down through it.

I need a good nap.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

((Scientology -- the term means "the study of truth," in the words of its founder and spiritual messiah, the late science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard -- calls itself "the world's fastest-growing religion.))

Didn't that dude write that book..

"Dianetics..by L. Ron Hubbard."

Johnny Virgil said...

This is all you need to read:

"They assert that 75 million years ago, an evil galactic warlord named Xenu controlled seventy-six planets in this corner of the galaxy, each of which was severely overpopulated. To solve this problem, Xenu rounded up 13.5 trillion beings and then flew them to Earth, where they were dumped into volcanoes around the globe and vaporized with bombs. This scattered their radioactive souls, or thetans, until they were caught in electronic traps set up around the atmosphere and "implanted" with a number of false ideas -- including the concepts of God, Christ and organized religion. Scientologists later learn that many of these entities attached themselves to human beings, where they remain to this day, creating not just the root of all of our emotional and physical problems but the root of all problems of the modern world."

Case closed.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...