Monday, March 27, 2006

Cookies

Not the byte kind either... so far I have made 1/2 of the 75 cookies I need to make for the learning fair. Too much fun. The daughter is helping, but it's still a drag. They are delicious though. Her state is Vermont, so we made maple syrup cookies frosted with maple syrup/confectioner's sugar. I need to own a bakery. (with a fitness center built in.... you can only buy cookies if you walk on the treadmill while you wait in line...)

Sirius is keeping me sane. Yeah, I know, I'm going on and on too much about Sirius lately. But imagine you've eaten at McDonald's every day for lunch, and then someone takes you to a huuuuge buffet just across the street. It was right there all the time... Today I listened to Miranda Lambert (who I have heard of yes, Suzy is a big fan, but the more I hear of her the more I like) and Keith Anderson, who is also country, Nth degree / Morningwood, you have to hear if you haven't already, and then there is new stuff out by Keane, and Phil Vassar, and then I get into the old stations and start hearing stuff I used to love in high school... definitely putting me in a good mood these days.

If you can't tell I am in a GREAT mood today. One of the advantages of my job being a part-time position is that I get to leave at 2pm every day and enjoy the nice afternoons. Spring is here!!! Yay! My tulips have already been eaten but the daffodils and crocuses haven't been destroyed yet.

My best friend in England sent me this link to a story about blogs and how much time they waste over there surfing around the 'net. Nice to know it's not just us lazy crazy Americans!

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...