Monday, March 13, 2006

Sirius-ly

Fifth grade joke for today:
How do you know an ocean is friendly?
It waves.

Hey. I've gotta hear them, you've gotta read them.


****

So, I recently came into a little bit of spend-only-on-Carly money, and decided to get Sirius. A coworker of mine got it for Christmas and she loves it. (Tania has the top of the line receiver, the S-50 which can store up to 50 number of hours of music. Damn, child free people always get the best toys.) She's been urging me to get into the new millenium so I decided to splurge.

I picked out the Starmate last week, because I can get it with a car kit and a home kit and it has some good features. I thought maybe I could pick it up in person over the weekend. Hahaha... that didn't happen. Got home last night, went online to order it.... and the home kit is sold out.

Everywhere.

I'm sure that what happened is that everyone got a receiver, plus a car kit, plus one home kit for home, and one for their office. Everyone except ME that is.

:::pout::::

So once my receiver arrives, I'll be working from my car for the next couple of weeks, parked outside of some Starbucks that has a strong enough wireless internet.


****

In the meantime, I'm still listening to Iceberg Radio - good songs today (artist/track/album) include:


  • jason mccoy / still / sins, lies and angels
  • odds / someone who's cool / nest
  • jacynthe / look who's crying now/ seize the day
  • boomtang / moving on / wet
  • krysta scoggins / run run run / (single)
  • delerium feat. sarah mclachlan/ silence / karma

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You're going to really like it, maybe even love it. My radio is on 14 hours a day. ICEBURG is da bomb, 100% Canadian! But don't let that deter you.

I read the other day where XM radio now offers their subscription at $3 per month if you are a current subscriber and you try to cancel the service. Can you say, desperate?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...