Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dear Teacher

I realize that it's a GOOD thing that you don't want my kid's brain to turn to mush over winter break. And, I realize you don't want him to be bored.

However.

You failed to realize that MY KID is on vacation, and not me. I worked a couple of extra evenings this week, as coincidence would have it. (Plus, we ran around like crazy all week since the coach decided to have extra basketball games... you people all think alike, don't you? And, then there was other stuff going on too. )

So your "clever" math homework really pisses me off. It's the last day of "vacation" and I do not have time to "make a batch of cookies, and then copy the recipe, and convert all of the ingredients to pints." WTF? My cookies are damn good but the very last thing I have time to do today is make pints of cookies.

Or a bocadillo de queso tostado. But that's another teacher's homework so I can't yell at you for that. (Or I would.)

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

oooohhhhhhhhh that would piss me off. My school has a sort of "no homework on weekends and vacation" rule. We are going to work on dd's state project (if she feels better).. but that's it.

Sgt said...

Vacation homework sucks.

As for conversion, just do what I do. Use Google.

enter: convert 2 teaspoons to pint
And it happily does it all for you

Or you can use France

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...