Monday, February 05, 2007

Missing You

I am a little bummed today. No, not a Bears fan.

A Prince fan.

As in, I played the album, yes, a black vinyl ALBUM, at least twice every day my entire sophomore year of college and even broke up with The One That Got Away* while it was playing. Sigh.

Did I watch him last night, during the superbowl halftime show? I only wanted to see him laughing in the Purple Rain.

Nope. My company was collecting their things and going. Damn, damn, damn. Timing is everything.


*And it's probably good that he did, but that's another story.

Song by Trace Adkins....I've weathered waterspouts and hurricanes, Hailstorms and driving rain, And missing you.

6 comments:

emmay said...

We missed Prince because DirectTv f'ed up BIG TIME!!!
I asked them "How can you just leave me standing alone in a world so cold?"
And their rep said "I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to cause you any pain"

Carly said...

Maybe you're just too demanding.

Anonymous said...

Want links? I missed it too and I jsut youtube & mp3'd it. They're in kid_lit's comments.

Carly said...

thanks!

( http://timedoor.textdriven.com/index.php?id=149 )

onescrappychick said...

I thought that was the best purple rain rendition ever

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

It's amazing with modern technology that you can now play a guitar in the rain without getting eletrocuted.

Either that, or it really wasn't live...

Darling Nicky is still one of my favorite songs, but after the whole Janet Jackson thing there's no way CBS was going to let him play THAT song.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...