Saturday, February 03, 2007

If I fall you're going down with me

Weezer, aka Suzy, took my son out on his new snowboard because we Finally. Got. Snow. Honestly, our first significant snowfall so far this winter.

He was a little concerned that we were taking him to Fear Park - then we told him what it was REALLY called. F-r-e-a-r.

He did pretty well for his first time. His stance is a little strange - butt sticking out practically to Kansas. Bend the KNEES, kids. Not that I have the slightest idea how to snowboard, but I don't think it's supposed to look like that. At least he stayed on his feet enough to be able to say "yeah, I did it".

It was worth hanging around to watch Suzy go down on a sled, take a bump, and fly through the air just a little to splat on her face. Awesome.

(She came up laughing, I'm not a total jerk. And, song by Dixie Chicks.)

2 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

i will teach him

Sgt said...

I remember my first snowboarding run. It was atop a cemetary hill near my parents house we dubbed "suicide hill"

The balance is learned, but yeah. Keep your knees bent or learn the harsh reality that the face was not designed to be a brake.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...