Sunday, February 11, 2007

Grammy and Grumpy

While I was making inapropriate remarks about Stevie Wonder, we made up an Awards Show Game. To keep it clean for the kids I told them it would be a bingo game, but we all know it's a drinking game, don't we?

Drink if:
  • Someone wears a much-too-sheer ensemble, or ridiculous hair
  • Someone praises MLAS Jesus ( aka the Center Square)
  • Some old fossil is trotted out for a lifetime achievement award
  • Someone makes a "dramatic" intro (ex: prince, "One Word. Beyonce." That's 3 words, ass.)
  • A winner duels with the "get off the stage" orchestra music - they always lose. No one is listening to the names.
  • A "once in a lifetime" duet is performed

PS -

  1. JT totally stole that handheld camera idea from Blue Man Group.
  2. Women should Not wear 12" long false eyelashes. I'm looking at you, Mary J.
  3. Sting looked like he was enjoying himself but whatshisname on the other guitar looked waaaaaaaaay old. Blasphemy is my specialty.
  4. Cover your tats before donning the nice dress - yeah, that' s you too, MJB.
  5. I'm sorry, but Pink looked awesome, doublestick tape working overtime and all that. Kudos to her for keeping straight face when that dumbass next to her dropped his cue card.
  6. Prince is a troll and Xtina is still orange. So, not much new this year.
  7. Were the dixie chicks paying homage to Robert Palmer's old MTV videos, with those black dresses? I like Natalie's new, uh, real hair color.
  8. John Mayer needs an effing haircut. He is so not getting anywhere near my wonderland, ever.

PSS - I heard a funny story about someone I know who not only took the walk of shame this morning, but did it carrying a great big (I mean REALLY giant) teddy bear. Priceless.

Snarly out!

2 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

When someone says "One word:" you don't count those two. You count the words that come after the "one word" statement. If there is more than one after that point, then you have a valid argument.

(JV: Stickin' up for my boy Prince since he beat charlie murphy at bball.)

Lara said...

So I imagine that after playing that you were TOTALLY wasted....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...