Monday, February 19, 2007

How is it

... that you can be sound asleep, minding your own business at around 6 am on a day you don't actually have to get up for work or basketball or anything like that...

and an eyelash can fall into your eye and stab you fiercely? My eye was CLOSED, dammit.

So yes, that's how my day started. Clawing at my eye, which was not even able to water one bit. It's so dry in my house that I could scream. Isn't winter over yet? (I know - we have ONE real snow and I'm done with the whole thing already...)

grrr.

4 comments:

D-HOR said...

I'm done too. It's so ungodly dry I can't pet my cat without being shocked by static. Every single time. Pet, shock, pet shock, kitty, pissed.
She came up to touch noses with me the other day and our noses exchanged a hell of an arc. And poor kitty just looked at me like "wtf? why are you beating me?"

Oh yeah and being cold sux.

Sgt said...

Man, I don't miss that. I would get out of the car and have to steel myself up for the inevitable electricution I was about to receive when closing the door. Alway fun to have your arm go numb while closing your car door. I learned putting a dryer sheet inside my jacket pocket helped a lot.

You can try that with your cat.. but he may contest you shoving a dryer sheet into him.

onescrappychick said...

sucky way to start the day for sure.. we never get President's day off.. what with vacation next week and all.

D-HOR said...

That's one think Kitty will never have to worry about. I will never put stuff in her butt. For me it's that whole "do unto others thing" or in this case - for gods sake don't do unto others and ESPECIALY not me.

Maybe I could pet her with a dryer sheet.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...