Saturday, February 03, 2007

Nothing on but the radio

Interesting...

Road Runner has radio now. It's very similar to Sirius online, FREE if you don't count paying for road runner, and has 52 stations, 12 music genres.

I admit, we waste, uh, spend money every month on road runner. We have digital cable, a DVR, highspeed online... I love it. The DVR alone makes me extremely happy - no juggling tapes and if I want my kids to go to bed I just record whatever it is they think they "have" to watch.

I justify this expense by not ever going out to the movies (the last movie I saw was, uh, Sin City? Which just about killed me but that's another story.)

So I definitely like the idea of a free online radio. It doesn't hurt my review any that the first thing I did was pick a country station, and I got Phil Vassar. Nice. The popup window is a little bit slicker than Sirius'. It shows album cover, etc.








(by the way, song title by Gary Allan, but I can't stand him, so you won't find it in my iPod, ever. )

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...