Monday, February 12, 2007

Free

Give me liberty, or give me ....a Cherokee?

Dammit.

I really WANT to drive a Jeep Liberty. I took one for a test drive this weekend. I want to be sporty and zippy and schuss around hairpin turns and have a cute little cargo area that doesn't have to be big enough for backpacks and a trumpet and 8 bags of groceries (which is what we get on choir/band day even though we just went on Saturday).

But the truth is unavoidable.

I am not a Jeep Liberty.

I will probably go with the sensible, "only a whiff of minivan" Grand Cherokee. (I'm not buying new, so the compass is not really a direction I can go in ... heh.) Everyone should have such problems, no?

I would sooner lie down in the street and let Dan run over me with a minivan, than buy one from him. He knows this. I considered buying a station wagon from his lot once, aloud, and he looked at me and said "what?!" with a baffled look. Then he lead me to my usual type of car, with sunroof, and I felt less nauseous almost instantly. I will get a Momma Jeep, but it will have a sunroof, dammit.


(the title is from a song, perhaps my favorite song ever, by faith hill, since I couldn't find "liberty" in my library)

3 comments:

Sgt said...

The Grand Cherokee is really nice. Small, yet spacious. Gas friendly, but can tow a good amount if needed. Of course 4-wheel drive is critical for those wintery days.

I loved mine, but the concensus was that it sucked to sit in the back. I dunno. I never rode back there.

The flip forward rear seats made for a nice play to sit at the drive in too. (unless you go to the Malta drive in, then the mosquitos eat you alive).

My offer to buy you that Jeep Compass still stands of course.

Sgt said...

English is my second language apparently.

concensus = consensus
play = place
drive in = drive-in

I knew it would be trouble when it took me 3 tries to get the word verification right.

D-HOR said...

One of my off-roading buddies uses a cherokee. (it's not a grand) He has beat that thing down like nothing else and it just keeps on going. The body is going to fall off the next time he jumps, I just know it, and I'm hoping he dosn't get decapitated.

Anyways, I think it's a bad ass vehicle. Put a FOX sticker on it instead of the soccer ball thing, it'll be ok.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...