Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ossssscar

So, Suzy called me just as the Oscars were starting... for the next few minutes we watched Ellen's monologue and didn't say much to each other. She was laughing ten seconds before I did every time. Damn cable. She lives 20 minutes away but we were totally out of synch. SO she would laugh in my ear and I would strain to hear the joke that she was laughing at. It was a weird sort of time warp. She more or less said "Do normal people do this, sit on the phone and not talk to each other because they're both watching the same show?" I said "why yes, all the time." Help me convince her. Comment, please.

Incidentally I am writing this WHILE I watch said Oscars because they are boring the crap out of me. Once I see what everyone's wearing I lose interest. but don't get between me and the red carpet coverage.

I'm presently entertaining myself by reading the Fug Girls' running commentary and turning myself into an M & M. And no, you can't see it.


Sound editing is a lot like sex. It's usually done alone, late at night, surrounded by electronic gadgets.
~Steve Carell

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I missed the first hour.. had to go out to Wal-Mart in the city and pick up some meds for when my daughter comes home tommorow afternoon (poor kid.. turns out she has strep.. some sleepover weekend)... and I agree. It's booooooooring. And tell your sister I used to spend 1.5 hours every night on the phone with my best friend while we did our homework after we got out of work. He got home about half hour after I did.. and we'd watch the same 3 shows together while we worked. Sometimes we discussed the shows, or our homework, or hotly debated topics... and sometimes we didn't say a word for 20 mins at a wack. It's all good.

D-HOR said...

I do it with my best friend sometimes. If I see something crazy on I'll call her to tell her about it and then for some reason we end up sitting there and watching it together and making fun of people.

Actually lately we've got into the habit of calling each other up if we see that each other is online at the same time. Then we'll "travel" around the internet for like an hour and show each other stuff and gossip about people on myspace.

Wow so I've totally outed myself here, but I hope it helps!!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with my sister and also with my best friend. Sometimes we even watch different shows, clean our houses, whatever we happen to be doing, but point is we are just hanging together on the phone. Sometimes we don't even talk for 10-15 minute stretches.
Crys :)

Sarah said...

My sister and I watch TV over the phone together all the time. Also in college my roommate and I would be in our separate bedrooms with the doors open watching the same thing and yelling comments to each other. Why didn't we go to the living room you ask? I have no idea. But those nights remain some of my best memories.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...