Monday, February 28, 2005

I had the wierdest dream last night...

I dreamt that I was trying to watch the Oscars... (I love the Oscars!! The clothes! The stars!)

Billy Crystal wasn't there to sing about the movies... Robin Williams was there and he wasn't funny, he told a joke about Donald Duck I heard in 8th grade... what have you done with my Funniest Man Alive?

Chris Rock WAS there, and kept saying "ass", and he did this weird skit at a movie theater, basically saying that black people aren't smart enough to go to any of the nominated movies...WTF??

(Don't you think Jack Nicholson should host the Oscars?? Mr. Carly and I do...)

Beyonce kept singing different songs. (Couldn't they afford more than one singer?) Each song was worse and each dress got uglier...I don't know how she changed her clothes AND makeup so quickly and is that her real hair?

Prince was on...don't ask me why...

Worst looking actress... Renee Zellweger... hair too dark, top of dress just awful. Close runner up, Melanie Griffith, for her saggy gray paisley and her husband's pony tail

Hilary Swank had her dress on backwards...what? Oh, my bad.

If you know that I have an ongoing issue with Clint Eastwood's clothing, I have to say he looked OK. However as soon as I said that, Mr C said that his jacket wasn't altered right and was gappng at the collar. He wins. Million Dollar Baby, $100 tux.

By the way, is Julia Roberts nursing her twins? Wow?

Virginia Madsen looked nice but once again Gwyneth looked bad... very bad...


Wierd....


PS: Best outfit... the young actress Emmy Rossum (look at the back too) from Phantom of the opera...an amazing dress, excellent necklace too.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Hilary Swank redefined the term "plunging" for the back of her dress. It was almost plunging to the plumbing.
Not that I watched the Oscars. Cough.

David Tellez said...

I agree with this post totally!!! Well...almost...

In the beginning, I was rooting for Chris Rock, cuz I was like, give the man a chance, ya know? But OMG...he totally bombed! I seriously laughed more at Robin Williams lame-ass jokes, then I did at his...Sorry Chris, but as The Donald would say..."You're fired!"

And I dont know, maybe I'm just biased, but I actually did like Beyonce singing all those songs. I mean, yeah, they could have gotten more singers, but I just love listening to her voice. I guess one of the reasons is cuz' I met her one time and she sang "Happy Birthday" to me and ever since then...I cant get enough of her.

And Prince?! I seriously, still dont get the dude! They say he's straight, but come on...let's not fool ourselves...we all know he's a big flaming, feather-wearing, man-kissing, disco-dancing, Vermont-living, Christina Aguilera-loving...um, I forget where I was going with this, but I think you get the idea...

And what was up with everyone's style? Was it just me, or did it look like Renee still stuffs? And if so, she's not very good at it... And Hilary did put her dress on backwards! You know when you put a shirt on backwards, and the tag part kinda "chokes" you? That's exactly what happened to her... And as for Gwyneth, well at least she's getting better at dressing, right? I mean, remember that one time she tried to go all goth? Yeah...not a total hottie, but an improvement

And I agree with you about Virginia and Emmy...both were beautifully dressed and I think each deserved an oscar for having to be surrounded and having to put up with a room full of outlet clothing and Fantastic Sam's haircuts...speaking of hair...what happened to Scarlett's?!

And, uh...like Shamus *cough* I didnt watch the Oscars, either...

armalicious said...

Found this blog through D.T. And I had to stop a moment and check who wrote this post. I swear you have said the same things my husband & I were saying last night. Love it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...