Friday, February 18, 2005

When I was little we had 3 channels and no remote!

All of the riches of digital cable and yet I usually still watch ABC, NBC, CBS - why???

Well, there is Thursday TV. I usually get home from choir at 9 - we have a 2 hour choir rehearsal every Thursday. So I watch Apprentice while it's on and then watch Survivor (I loooooooooove my DVR).

During TrumpHour I am ashamed to say that I blurted out WHO IS THAT GUY (because Craig changed his hair). Way to teach my kids about diversity huh? Now, the team didn't get 20 large each for pearls, right? Still a nice reward. But where was Carolyn?? I know they said so, but it wasn't the same. My son jumped up to hold her book over the tv screen whenever the other woman was on - it was pretty funny.

It struck me over the weekend that she resembles Princess Diana, and while I'm sure that's not an original thought, I am very glad she doesn't resemble Camilla.

I watched ER because Cynthia Nixon is a great actress. I can't remember the last time I watched ER. Death, despair, etc. No thanks! I figured CN's character would die at the end because that's how ER usually works.

Speaking of death and despair - that singing lady on Survivor couldn't get off my tv fast enough but I was disappointed to see that eye candy leave with her. I was also puzzled to see that people were crying when she left. WTF??

Seeing Survivor after watching Apprentice reminds me of the moment when the boring opening act is walking off stage and the person you REALLY paid to see is in the spotlight. It better be good this season but it's already got potential. (Read: eye candy)

Well, have a good weekend y'all - happy tv watching.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...