Saturday, February 12, 2005

Gooood morning Albany!!

I was awakened by my 7 year old who got a new "backpack on wheels" last night. He wanted to show it to me (Spiderman, of course) and he proceeded to mow the lawn (aka my bedroom floor) while making a "dushh-dud-dushhe" noise and thrashing like he was being electrocuted. It was so freaking hilarious but I was NOT awake yet.

I was hiding under the covers more or less and my daughter hopped into bed with me and started telling me the entire plot of a recent Lizzie McGuire episode interspersed with the VITAL FACT that Kelley Clarkson might go blonde but B doesn't think she'd look right as a blonde.

J Lo's new song annoys the bejeeeezus out of me (it's the horn section actually that grates on my VERY last nerve) and I hate Destiny's Child, period, so I'll just move right on to mention that my son said "drop it like it's hot" last night and I forbid him to sing that song. I told him that I would take his radio away for one night and his eyes got REALLY huge because he likes to fall asleep listing to Delilah (gag). Then I sort of muttered 'what does that mean, anyway, drop it like it's hot?' and B said "to take your clothes off". So now it's official, I am not almost 40, I am almost 10,000 years old. Sheesh. My 10 year old gets Snoop and I don't.

Mr. C gave me an early Valentine present of Ultimate Barry Manilow!! Yeah, shut up, I don't want to hear it. They are all the old songs from the 70's and 80's that I love. He also got me Michael Buble's new cd. I still hve a gift card from Christmas that I'd better use soon - I might get Alicia Key's newest CD, not sure. Any recommendations to balance out the Barry vibe, anyone?

Tonight it's "cook for hours" with my sister in law. We are going to try some of the wine we got at our last class, and make some more elaborate recipes like Coquille St. Jacques and the raspberry / challah bread pudding from Glen Sanders . We actually think it's fun to spend four hours cooking, but my other sister in law said something like "I had no idea it was so involved." Whatever.

Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I was awoken by my son who was puking. He had puked earlier (dried in his hair now) and was puking again. He also had an accident in his pj's (the footed kind, so it was all contained.
Don't picture that...
It's gonna be a fun weekend.

Erik with a K said...

Here I am all excited to post about Barry Manilow and I get Shamus' comment...tough luck there S O'D...

Carly, I went to Barry at the Pepsi! And someone BROKE INTO MY CAR while i was there. BAstards! STole my Nirvana CD...it's what i get for loving Barry (seriously)...i have some great friends who indulged me in this show. What can you do, my sisters played his stuff nonstop when i was growing up...

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Oh we're fine. The house kinda smells faintly of vomit and Glade.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...