Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm going to h--e--double toothpicks

I went to church tonight and went up to the choir loft. There were 3 other women there besides me & Stan. He sent us down to get ashes and the priest sort of missed and I ended up with ashes over the center of my left eyebrow. I mean WAAAAAY off center. Wildly, hopelessly, not even CLOSE to where they should be.

I went back up stairs and the girls looked at me and snickered. I looked at Stan and tipped my head to the right, like I was trying to center the ashes on my forehead and he cracked up. He is just as bad as me because he mimed a shaky old hand trying to wobble some ashes onto me. I almost spit out my sip of water.

For the rest of the mass all I had to do was tip my head to the right and they'd all laugh.

I'm really going to hell. Well, maybe not. But it's a good thing that

a) I didn't go first thing in the morning, (and have to work with Scott & John with this on my face) and
b) The choir doesn't sit in the front of the church

3 comments:

John said...

Hey at least you won't be alone there C

Erik with a K said...

Went to dinner tonight after the debacle that will be tomorrow's post, and Debbie's ordering cheese quesadillas and cheese enchiladas all over the place, meanwhile I'm ordering meat, stuffed in ground beef, topped with steak...hmmmmm...what's wrong with this picture? To her credit, not a word...

Carly said...

Wine...where are you? we can meet somewhere in the middle. Road trip!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...