Saturday, February 19, 2005

Babies

Fun article: "A baby speaks nonsense, but its handlers don't seem to notice. Sound like anyone you know? "
Ten ways that a baby is like a chief executive officer, by Stanley Bing.

I had a passing thought the other day about the tv show Supernanny. The common theme I've noticed is that in the families Jo visits, Mom is stressed out and Dad doesn't have a clue how to discipline his own children. He stands by passively while Mom loses her mind. I really believe that he WANTS to help, but has no clue how.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

My favorite was "Babies have weird hair". Nice blog.

Erik with a K said...

Maybe the much superior Nanny 911 show has some diversity...they had a few where the father would discipline as needed and the mother would undo and undermine everything he did. they just couldn't bear to see their kids crying for even a minute. They also had one guy who ranted and raved and screamed all the time, and the Nanny helpfully pointed out that the kids were emulating him perfectly. When he finally stopped, so did they.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...