Saturday, February 05, 2005

A strange Saturday

Here's a funny one I got from Waiter Rant: my favorite part is the quote "His name is Willy, for God's sake." (If you don't read WR, follow the link in my list at right and make a point to read it at least once a week.)

Question 1, only slightly related to the above:
How do I explain to my 10 year old daughter that the stuff Jessica Simpson is promoting is NOT a dessert treat for children?

There is a large yellow ball in the sky near my home and it's radiating heat. The big piles of snow are melting. I'm afraid.... what is happening?

Question 2: Don't you hate it when you make a joke about wishing global warming would get here already and someone points out that global warming IS exactly why the winters are getting worse, and then you feel REALLY stupid? Me too. Terrific, what's up next - Locusts?


1 comment:

Johnny Virgil said...

Like Dennis Miller said, "There's a lot of differing data about global warming, but as far as I can gather, over the last hundred years the temperature on this planet has gone up 1.8 degrees. Am I the only one who finds that amazingly stable? I could go back to my hotel room tonight and futz with the thermostat for three to four hours. I could not detect that difference.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...