Friday, September 16, 2005

As if I need another

Well, I decided today I'm going to learn to knit.

I was in the dollar aisle in Target buying goodie bag treats for the kids' birthday parties tomorrow (Poly, you rock) The boy is going bowling, because it's going to rain so we can't do mini golf; a "spa" hairdo and nails sleepover for the girl, have mercy on me please dear lord)

...and I found dollar skeins of this cool fringe-y sort of yarn and I decided I want to make a scarf.

Pfft.

In a moment of insanity brought on by allconsuming love for the month that is September (back to school, back to cold weather, two kid's birthday parties, one family party for the kids, and a few major school fundraisers in my face.... ) I bought the yarn.

Thanks to google, I have pages bookmarked that show me HOW to knit. Do I have needles? Not so much.

A new hobby? yeah. I have to go frost a cake.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwhwhahahahahah!!

I tried to knit once.
(snicker)

katsmeow said...

I can crochet...a gift taught to me by my grandma...but knitting was something I never learned...I always thought the needles looked better in my hair...LOL!

Johnny Virgil said...

my wife can teach you.

Steve said...

I knitted once in Home Ec. I think it resembles a scarf but it goes sideways and then back down after I saw what was happening. Now it is a 'V' shaped scarf.

onescrappychick said...

Well girlfriend you need any help, you just hollar.

You'll be hooked in no time. Although, crochet is still my prefered method for blankets. I'd rather poke my eyes out with my needles than knit an entire blanket.

Anonymous said...

I knit a scarf once... it was 12 feet long!

Never again...

Weary Hag said...

I could never sort out the difference between knitting and crocheting except for the instruments they each require.

I do neither.

(oh and great. now I want cake)

Carly said...

who is laughing at me? Is it someone from the "H" board??

It'sJustMe said...

Target has these new handy-dandy little knitting kits now. I've walked by them several times and always want to buy one, but then I remind myself that if I do it will just end up in the back of my closet with all of my other hobbies that I don't have time for. So many fun projects -- so little time! Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm 80 to tackle knitting.

Good luck, though!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...