Thursday, September 01, 2005

Light a candle

As each day goes by, the news gets more heartbreaking.

I was just on the phone with someone close to me, who said "I can't go there and help. I'm broke and I can't send money. I can't do anything."

Light a candle.

This Saturday night, in the evening, light a candle. If you are a person who prays, say a prayer for the people who lost their lives this week, and those who are still suffering, and those who are down there trying to help.

If you are not religious, please light a candle anyway as a quiet reminder of those who are gone, because surely they did not pass easily from this life. For all of those people who won't have a proper funeral, attended by their friends and family, and a burial that respects the simple life they lived, pause a moment.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...